We will be running a public consultation from 22nd August to 16th October 2017. There will be public exhibition events during this period.
Nearer the time, we will write to local residents to inform them of the locations and dates of these public exhibitions. We will also advertise in local media and publish details on this web site.
|2015||A27 Corridor Feasibility Study|
|March 2015||Roads Investment Strategy (RIS)|
|Summer 2017||Have your say|
Why we need this schemeThe Arundel section of the A27 lacks road and junction capacity. As a result it suffers from congestion, particularly junctions at Crossbush, The Causeway and Ford Road. Planned growth along the wider A27 corridor is likely to worsen the problem and at present there’s no proposal for public transport provision that would have a positive impact on traffic levels. This scheme aims to reduce congestion through Arundel by means of a new dual carriageway bypass. The bypass would link together the two existing dual carriageway sections of the A27 either side of Arundel. We are also assessing alternative options including online junction improvements. These proposals are subject to consultation with the National Parks Authority, Local Government and the public.
AimsThe objectives for the scheme are to:
- improve capacity of the A27 whilst supporting local planning authorities to manage the impact of planned growth
- reduce congestion, reduce travel time and improve journey time reliability along the A27
- improve the safety of travellers along the A27 and consequently the wider local road network
- improve accessibility for all users to local services and facilities
- deliver a scheme that minimises environmental impact and seeks to protect and enhance the quality of the surrounding environment through its high quality design
- respect the South Downs National Park and its special qualities in our decision-making
Project media files and documents
Highways England Delivery Plan 2015 to 2020
Freedom of information request: A27 Arundel bypass proposals
A27 Arundel Improvement Stakeholder meeting July 2015
A27 Arundel Improvement Stakeholder meeting May 2016
Traffic Data Collection Report
A27 Arundel Bypass update letter to residents
Roadworks and Events for England
The latest incident information for England's motorway and trunk routes provided by Highways England
Breaking News: Traffic Information
The latest current breaking news items for England's motorway network