A comment facility is active for some projects. Use this to ask questions and leave feedback about that specific project only.
You need to log in to make a comment. You can use an existing social media account to sign up, or you can set up an account with Disqus, who host the comment facility. We do not store personal details in relation to the comments on our own servers.
We moderate all posts and aim to publish and respond to posts within 24 hours, subject to staff availability. We will not publish comments and questions that:
- appear to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
- are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- contain swear words or other language likely to offend
- break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity – including breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
- describe or encourage activities that could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- advertise products or services for profit or gain
- could be seen to impersonate someone else
- appear to be “spam”; that is posts containing the same, or similar, content posted multiple times
- are off-topic, for example comments that relate to a different project, relate to other areas of Highways England work or relate to other companies or organisations
The commenting facility is provided ‘as is’ and we make no guarantees with regards to functionality or uptime. We reserve the right to close or disable the commenting facility at any time.
During a web chat you can use the comment facility to discuss a project live with the project team. We will publish the time and date of a web chat prior to the event. We allow questions to be submitted in advance for those people unable to make the live chat.
Each project page has an email alert subscription link – it’s free to subscribe and this is the best way to be kept informed of forthcoming web chats.
Web chats are subject to the house rules outlined above. During a web chat we sometimes get a cluster of questions on the same topic. When this happens we may group the questions together and pose them once. This allows the team to respond to a wide variety of questions and avoids clogging up the web chat with repeats of the same questions.
Feedback for projects with no comment option
The comment facility is not available for all projects. We determine availability on a project by project basis and subject to staff availability. If you have questions or feedback about a scheme with no comment tool, email us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Technical issues with the website
Don’t use the comment facility to report these – each page has a feedback tool for this purpose.